Going to the Chapel

The engagement of Laura and Gavin... and then some.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

If I had a Million Dollars

Not only would I sing the Barenaked Ladies song in my head on a continuous loop 24/7, but I could stop stressing about this wedding as I have been for the last week now.

Out of morbid need for reality, I did a lot of research last weekend to find out how much the elements of a wedding cost. Every little detail that goes into a traditional wedding costs about twice what we thought it would, except for the wedding gown and tux. We knew about those.

Remember that $22,000 number? We get it now.

In Chicago, not hitting that number as a grand total by the time you’re back from the honeymoon, ordered wedding pictures and send out thank you notes is a major accomplishment.

1 Comments:

  • At March 18, 2006 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't panic. It can be done but you may have to make some compromises. Pick out what is REALLY important and what you're willing to let slide. It helps.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home