Going to the Chapel

The engagement of Laura and Gavin... and then some.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Ask and Ye Might Receive

I’ve caught on. Wedding planners and overpriced package sellers everywhere beware. Anything is possible for a wedding if you just ask… nicely.

Concerned about all of the food allergies in my family, I pondered getting food from a time-tested “safe” restaurant where we know we can all eat just about anything from the menu thanks to fresh ingredients and no crazy additives. Trying to think of where the food is good enough and can be dressed up enough to serve at a wedding, I realized it could be so simple! Romano's Macaroni Grill – my favorite restaurant.

It sounds like a mac n’ cheese joint, but Macaroni Grill is a bona fide Italian restaurant serving an array of tasty pasta, chicken, pesce (fish) and veal in Tuscan style complete with Tuscan style bread and Teach Yourself Italian tapes playing in the bathrooms. Not to mention the melt-in-your-mouth flourless chocolate cake. I love it.

I called today, told them we love their food (Gavin doesn’t dislike it, so that counts?) and would be so excited if we could work something out to have it served at our wedding. The woman’s reaction was “awww.” Not a tense bargaining tone in response, but a genuine “weddings are good” tone. Clearly, they’re not a wedding vendor since they also don’t have a special menu of special wedding prices for the bride’s special parents.

Even if this doesn’t pan out, I love them even more for it.

The manager, Stacy (in case her boss should find this… it’s always a smaller world than I think), is talking to her bosses and getting back to me about the possibility, and then a contract to make sure we still have food should management change in the next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home