Going to the Chapel

The engagement of Laura and Gavin... and then some.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Gavra

When I used the nifty Google blog search tool to see if we popped up when searching for "Gavra," I found this. Shweet.

The admittedly stupid Gavra moniker goes back to Kyle in early college. We showed up at his house for a routine "let's go to Kyle's" get together and he greeted us with, "Look, Gavra is here!" I hated it instantly and made it obvious. (I have a black belt in eye daggers.) Clearly, he was jealous that he couldn't spend so much time with two people as awesome as us. Or he was sad that our late arrival had made his get-together much less cool until we showed up. Since we control the content of this blog, those statements will stand.

Kyle had no idea how ahead of the times he was when he first blurted out the word that sounds like a love monster. He couldn't have known that all the cool couples would soon follow suit - Brangelina, Benifer, etc. - making Gavin and me the first in a line of trends. (Disclaimer: I hate(d) both of those couples. I just couldn't think of a better one and don't feel like checking Gawker for a better idea.)

Anyhow, Gavin gets all credit for the URL. I think it's hilarious, although I still hate the word.

1 Comments:

  • At March 05, 2006 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It could be worse,...Moe and Shakethra would be Mothra....Just think of the movie montage at their wedding...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home