Going to the Chapel

The engagement of Laura and Gavin... and then some.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Bridal Shower in Batavia

On Sunday the 11th of February, my side of the family threw Laura a bridal shower at my Aunt Jane and Uncle Ken's home in Batavia. As the dutiful groom that I am, I also attended. It was great to see my grandmothers, aunts, and cousins all in one place. I realized I was out of my league when we played a game referencing the names of a variety of cakes. I believe my Aunt Rita and the Grandma duo split the honors for most correct answers.

We appreciated all of the presents that we received. It was exciting to start thinking of where all of these great things would go in our new home. The empty condo in my mind slowly began to fill up with each present we opened. I was much more excited about the iron we got, as Laura does not plan to do much of the ironing.

Unfortunately, my excitement did not show as well in the pictures we took that day. Although I was very sincere in my thanks in person, most of the pictures did not reflect my excitement with the pictures. I took a crash course in constant smiling for the next shower as Laura will probably note in the next post. A note for any groom who might stumble upon this post, Keep Smiling!

Anything related to food at the shower was great. The food that Jane cooked was delicious, the eclairs and other pastries from Naples Bakery were amazing as usual, and the box of recipes will bring us tasty meals for years to come. Yum!

*A note on the pastries - I took the extra sweets to my office the next day, as no one seemed to want the temptations at their house. They received rave reviews from everyone in the office that day, and I was surprised to hear how many of the women in the office who knew of Naples Bakery. I thought it was a well kept McCann family secret, and wouldn't you know it, the woman in the next cubicle had her wedding catered by Naples Bakery over 20 years ago.

The bride and groom are grateful to all of the women in Gavin's life who made the day so enjoyable!


Photos:
1.) The lovely Valentine's Day-themed details.
2.) Laughing at Colleen's joke and present-opening advice.
3.) Dessert from Naples Bakery. Mmmmm. Eclairs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home