Going to the Chapel

The engagement of Laura and Gavin... and then some.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Invites, Cont.

Guests started to receive their invitations today!

We sent them hoping everything would arrive on Valentine's Day, but it seems some arrived early. So far, the only word used to describe them is "beautiful." Agreed! I cannot wait until the repsonse cards start to come back, for I do heart getting and sending mail.

To close the chapter on the invite saga, things worked out ok in the end. The stationer was completely awful to work with the rest of the time, refusing to fulfill very specific requests (an updated invoice - not hard), using phrases like "as I told you before" when I didn't hear back from her when the invites were due, etc. We weren't sure if we were going to have invites to send out, but she seems to have tried to prove to me that she was quite professional, and out-professional me.

Although she managed to be even more rude and uncomfortable after the incident resulting from the previous bad service, the irony is that we actually got much better service after the hiccup... or belch... in the process. Finally, everything was documented, I received very clear answers to my questions, and she always assumed the worst of our conversations, and so was actually prepared when I contacted her in any way.

I love the invites, but can't express how happy I am that I will never voluntarily have to work with that woman again.

On the upside, Jess did our awesome map that I'm loving. Despite the big deal made about the map coming from an outside designer, the stationer liked it so much she's tossing lots of side business to Jess. Hooray! Note that the map as shown here isn't quite right. The colors and illustrations got messy when saved as a jpg!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home