Going to the Chapel

The engagement of Laura and Gavin... and then some.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Invitation Placation

The invite saga started months ago with Gavin wanting to punt paper, but this story is far from over. The timeline for invitations was quickly disappearing, so I hit the stores sans man fiancé looking for invite supplies that would adequately fulfill my paper and printing cravings.

You might remember that, originally, Jess was going to design our invitations. After not finding paper that was good quality and could be layered or was already embossed, I figured good ol’ Paper Source would be the place for this project, I headed there with my parents and got so frustrated I had to leave the store to prevent a tantrum. Yep, I’ll admit it. I had spent so much time and so little – nothing! I couldn’t find paper that would communicate the type of wedding we’re planning when guests open the envelope, even with Jess’ mad desktop design skillz at play.

SO, I started looking through catalogs of invites in stationary stores like Papyrus. There were plenty I loved, but that didn’t mean I could validate their price tags.

In the middle of the process, Gavin and I had to go to a wedding show to pick our DJ (the actual DJ, we already had the company). While there, we spotted a table for A woman named Gina who makes invites out of her home with the usual invite companies. The price is still steep since everything costs extra, including ink. She does really nice work based on her samples and customizes any way you’d like. We made an appointment that week.

My Mom and I headed to Gina’s house, where she works, to view her collection the next weekend. Surprisingly, we agreed on an invite that worked for both of us. I wanted totally traditional, but this one grabbed our attention. A little unconventional, but luxe and sophisticated when it comes out of the envelope.

I'm still bummed that Jess didn’t get to design the invites since I loved the save the date cards. She did help us out by doing our map card for us, however. We didn’t want a plain Jane text block, we wanted a map! It’s really cute.

We haven’t gotten our proof yet (a little worried about that…), but I can’t wait to see it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home