Going to the Chapel

The engagement of Laura and Gavin... and then some.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

DSM Excitement

We headed back to Des Moines last weekend for Relays. The weekend was fun from start to finish, as Relays weekend always promises to be. It also promises to be cold and wet every year, and that’s ok too.

Julie was nice enough to donate her couch space to us for the weekend, making me miss having a couch to actually offer people. Can we start apartment hunting yet? No? Oh…

It seemed incredible when I realized, but I hadn’t seen anyone from Drake yet to show off my sparkler or see how excited people were about our engagement. Gavin has been back a couple times on business, and apparently the engagement was big new on campus for a couple days after we told people. Word spreads fast across a campus that has its journalism school situated in the middle of campus, I suppose.

Seeing how excited everyone was for us gave the weekend a little something extra. Gavin reveled in the Sig Eps’ amazement at the size of the rock, and I flashed a humble smile every time one of the girls told me how pretty it is. (They don’t have to tell me!) We also got a lot of late-night “confessions” about what a great couple we are and how our engagement puts commitment in perspective for others our age. Whether the beer was talking or not, we took it all as a compliment. We also realized how much we love and miss everyone in DSM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home