Going to the Chapel

The engagement of Laura and Gavin... and then some.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

When a Magazine Junkie Gets Married

I can't get enough of the bridal magazines. I'm almost sad when we make a decision about something because it means there's one less section that applies.

We should have budgeted for the crazy things in the grandiose wedding budget we pulled together. They cost about $5 a pop and they last me all of one hour on average because I absolutely devour them the second I get my sparkling (thanks to some recent bling...) fingers on them. They're fantastic!

Luckily, I have friends in the magazine business. Jess loves me enough to have sent me the new InStyle Weddings. One less purchase on my wearing debit card.

Whoever gets engaged next is getting a serious inheritance of bridal information. There will be holes in the trove, however, since I hungrily rip out ANY ideas, images, wordings, etc that I like. If I take a similar liking to home magazines after the wedding I may need to beg for my Meredith internship back just to save us some money.

1 Comments:

  • At July 06, 2006 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My personal buying preferences has switched to cookbooks and cooking magazines. They don't last much longer than yours but you should see my scrapbook. Speaking of Meredith, could you hook a sister up?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home