Going to the Chapel

The engagement of Laura and Gavin... and then some.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

This thing is baloney

My baloney has a first name, it's T-H-I-S-B-L-O-G. So I had just written a rather entertaining opening paragraph to my first post in a very long time, when I decided I wished to spell check this entry. I am not one of those who believes we should move onto a phonetic spelling of the English language, and I figured you'd appreciate a post without glaring errors. Instead, stupid Blogger erased my whole post. It's actually somewhat coincidental that I had just finished writing a sarcastic line regarding a vicious virus that had been preventing me from posting to the blog. Who needs a virus when you have this site?
Anyways enough venting and onto storytelling, yay!!!!
Recently, we have received numerous save the date, shower, and wedding invitation cards in the mail. My general response to these is "Oh that looks nice". That's about all you are going to get from me when it comes to stationary. This makes me worry because evidently women know exactly what type of invitations they prefer. As if there is some camp where they start with telling you what complexion you have... "Oh I'm a Spring of course!" and continue on to develop a sense of identity with numerous other things, ending in "Well I'm definitely a 'two-tone, tri-fold, glossy matte invitation' kind of girl." Our friend Todd recently tried to be the helpful groom and sit down and look through a book of invitations for his lovely bride-to-be. After two hours, Todd had highlighted a handful of designs that he thought would be worthy of inviting their guests to their wedding. He was then informed that his selections did not match the style that she really wanted. Final decision? You guessed it, we received the matted invitation with a cute little pink bow holding the invitation and reply envelope together. If you've seen Todd, you can probably guess that this wasn't his first choice. But it's a beautiful invitation and the wedding is sure to be a great time.
This is what I have to look forward to as one of the next steps in our wedding. I will offer my two cents and then retreat to the car where I will wait until the final decision on invitations is made. Until then, I will be busy trying to keep Laura from buying more wedding publications.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home